Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Art Class #2

Hi class!! Last week I had everybody introduce themselves and I thought, I didn't even introduce myself!! So here is a short paragraph about me.

My name is Alyssa, and as you already know, I'm your Art teacher. I hope art is fun for you. I'm in middle school, I love soccer, flute, books, piano, swimming, sports, friends, polar bears, candy, roller coasters, neon colors, flowers, blogging, typing, writing, drawing, and more. I'm a crazy person but I'm glad to be teaching this year, and I will hope to be a teacher for the following years. This is my first time teaching here, but I'm excited. I love little kids and making things. I love crafts, clay, sewing, hairstyles, nails, and designing. I have 20 dolls, and have been collecting since I was little. My profile is here with all of my blogs- http://www.blogger.com/profile/16237566720935168224. I put smiley faces a lot :) and I think I'm pretty nice. By the way, I never give too much homework, or test you on anything we haven't learned. I talk a lot to people I know, but others I'm super shy to. I alway act stupid and weird but behind that I'm pretty smart. I love being in gifted/enrichment classes at school with my friends. I have a lot of friends and I love all of them, for real and from blogging. And....I love ART!! That's why I want everyone to have a good experience!!

Now that's mostly everything about me. And we are ready for our first assignment! Don't worry, I will explain!!

Today we are learning about colors. You're probably like "really? colors? I learned that in kindergarten!" Well do you know the color wheel? Complimentary, primary, secondary, and tertiary colors? What you can mix and what you cant? If you do, GREAT! If you don't, that's what we will be learning for this week, next week, and after that.

Here is an example of the color wheel. A color wheel has all of the main colors in it. It's in "Rainbow order".



People have different ways of seeing color wheels, like shown above. There are different styles, but there are always the same colors. It doesn't matter what shape, the color wheel always has the same colors and they are alway in the same order! And if you know the colors of the rainbow, this should be EASY!! Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. I can name them easily. 

Of the color wheel, it consists of primary colors, complementary colors, and secondary colors. We will learn those next week. We will also learn about shades, tints, mixing, warm colors, cool colors, monochromatic colors, and intensity. 

Ok so I'm giving you a break. No actually homework for me unless you would like to study the color wheel and the colors of the rainbow, if you don't already know. That's it for me! Everyone have a great day!! :)
♥Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :) I can't wait to learn more about the color wheel!

    -Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name:Mckenna Brooks
    It was great to know you Miss Alyssa :) You are a lot like me,I like candy,neon colours,flowers,blogging,writing,reading and drawing!!! I really wanna learn about the colour wheel! <3

    ReplyDelete