Sunday, September 4, 2011

Math 101

I know this post is early but I can't do it tomorrow.

Hello class and welcome to Math 101. I am your teacher, Hannah (also known as Swan Girl, Hannah Claire, Azalea Shanghai, Hannah D., Kit Snicket, and Karina Allison). The way I would like to teach math is like this.

I will list 8 problems (at the most). They will include the following areas of math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, algebra, and geometry. What ever level you are at in school will determine what problem you do. If you are studying fractions you will answer the fractions question, if you are studying geometry you will answer the geometry question, etc. If you are studying algebra but don't quite understand the question or you are struggling with it then move down a level. Remember, math is meant to challenge you. My doll Chrissa, for instance, is an advanced student. I will push her to geometry. My doll Ruthie, however, struggles with school and she will do decimals or algebra. Work hard and have fun!

Here are the problems for today

addition: 189+567=?

subtraction: 968-374=?

multiplication: 9*9=?

division: 120 divided by 4 =?

fractions: 1/4 * 3/9=?

decimals: What is 1/5 of 200?

algebra: 2X+8=16

geometry (this is simple geometry): explain right angles, acute angles, straight angles, and obtuse angles.

Comment your answers (no peaking).

~Hannah Claire~

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Kit, Emma's Doll! :) Here is my answer:

    multiplication: 9*9= 81

    :) Am I right? :)

    I loved your post!

    ~Kit~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doll's answers are:
    1. 756
    2. 594
    3. 81
    4. 40
    5. 1/12
    6. 30
    7. X=4
    8.An acute angle is smaller than 90 degrees, a right angle is 90 degrees, a straight angle is 180 degrees, and an obtuse angle is bigger than 90 degrees.
    Are my doll's answers correct????

    -Alexis-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 dolls, and each one did 2 problems:

    Elizabeth:
    1. 968-374= 594
    2. 9*9= 81

    Jess:
    fractions: 1/4 * 3/9= 3/36, simplified is 1/12
    algebra: 2X+8=16 X=4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry!! I just realized that I was only supposed to post one answer, not all of them!!!

    -Alexis-

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Oh, who is teaching math next week? I loved your idea! We should do this every week!

    ~Emma~

    ReplyDelete